From: "Shiny Luminous" <shiningluminous@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 4:47 AM
To: <slitaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Boot options for running 3.0 under KVM

When running SliTaz 3.0 under KVM, the "only" resolution I can get is
800x600. Under SliTaz 2.0, which offers a boot-time menu of various
screen resolutions, I can get SliTaz to run at "exotic" resolutions
such as 1280x768x16, etc.

Neither of the two boot options below work for SliTaz 3.0:

slitaz screen=1280x768x16
slitaz vga=1280x768x16

Interestingly with "slitaz vga=" I get dropped to a console screen
which allows me to choose various VESA resolutions. Picking the
appropriate VESA resolution, allows me to get a large (1280x768, etc)
framebuffer screen. But when the X server takes over, the resolution
drops to the default 800x600.

What is the "magic" boot option for running SliTaz at, say, a
resolution of 1280x768x16? Or is the X server included with 3.0
limited to the said 800x600 when running under KVM using either -vga
std or -vga cirrus option.