Flavor Package List Files and Package Versions

When creating a package list for a flavor, is there a way to list a package without specifying a specific version?  For example, in a receipt file, a version does not need to be specified for a package in the DEPENDS or BUILD_DEPENDS properties, and if a particular package is not already installed, the latest version will be retrieved.

When I run "tazlito get-flavor justX", the distro-package.list file includes "glib-2.16.5".  When I then run "tazlito gen-distro" for justX, though, the action will fail because glib-2.16.5 is no longer available--the current version is now glib-2.18.3.  I tried changing the "glib-2.16.5" entry to just "glib" (i.e. removing the version number), but that failed the same as before.

Keeping up with such version changes can be a maintenance difficulty, so I was wondering if there is a way to declare in the flavor list that the latest package version be retrieved.  I suppose one workaround might be to create meta packages, but I think that would be using them in a manner that was not intended....

Thank you.