Re: Finding dependencies for new receipts

On 07/Mar - 00:59, Harald Klimach wrote:
> author of the receipt [...] doesn't run into issues when compiling the code.

I think this case represent the major part of slitaz dependencies issues,
that is to say missing deps.

> I think using a virtual machine is a little bit over the top.

I think so too.

> Propably there could be something done using chroot environments to tackle this problem.

I agree too. In a perfect scheme, packages|receipts should be tested individually in
an "empty" chroot before being pushed.
The fact that few people are maintaining a huge amount of packages makes this
scheme not realistic. This would require a lot of additionnal work to be
done. I'm not sure they can afford it.
So, maybe one solution would be to have more maintainers, perhaps even teams
of maintainers for similar packages (web apps, multimedia, dev, ...)

I throw the idea but not fully convinced that this IS the thing to do.

taziden