Re: Finding dependencies for new receipts

> > author of the receipt [...] doesn't run into issues when compiling
> > the code.
>
> I think this case represent the major part of slitaz dependencies
> issues, that is to say missing deps.

Maintainers must run 'ldd' on the binary to check dependencies.

> > Propably there could be something done using chroot environments to
> > tackle this problem.
>
> I agree too. In a perfect scheme, packages|receipts should be tested
> individually in an "empty" chroot before being pushed.
> The fact that few people are maintaining a huge amount of packages
> makes this scheme not realistic. This would require a lot of
> additionnal work to be done. I'm not sure they can afford it.
> So, maybe one solution would be to have more maintainers, perhaps
> even teams of maintainers for similar packages (web apps, multimedia,
> dev, ...)

It's how we work actually, all packages are build in a chroot
environment on the build host. Each dev can have an account and cook
his own packages. I called for contribution a few time ago:
http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists.tuxfamily.org/slitaz/2009/01/msg00017.html

> I throw the idea but not fully convinced that this IS the thing to do.

It's a good idea, teams are also a nice thing, for example I was
thinking making a team with Bob to maintain Xorg.