Re: few ideas

> some ideas i think can make slitaz better and leaner:
> - replace geany + leafpad with only one: medit/scite

No. Geany is the same size than scite and leafpad (48kb) is used in
many boxes (netbox, etc) + in some desktop file.

> - cherokee/nginx webserver

Yes, a web server is missing me in the current cooking, nginx sound
nice and I have a receipt.

> - remove slim. use mingetty autologin and put startx on .bashrc to
> automatically launch x.

Slim is less than 100kb and easy to use.

> - remove resolution selection. just launch x with best possible
> resolution. see how grml does this

GRML use Xorg, SliTaz use tiny Xvesa and we get the card modes with
'Xvesa -listmodes', so you can have a card doing 1280x1200 but the
monitor is 1024x768.

> - new version: 'slitaz developer edition' or something let us easily
> packages binaries for slitaz

Wainting on your flavor...

> - community repo like archlinux aur

The packages in aur are owned by the maintainer so it can take long to
have an update. We have a centralized repo and can modifify-control all
packages. Usually if people send good work on the list, they get access
to the repos.

> btw. few problems i found:
> - tuxfamily mirror not updated.

Thanks, we must see with them.

> - it's not detecting sis 190/191 gigabit eth

'lspci' -k show the correct driver ?

Regards,