[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/slitaz Archives
- To: slitaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Help,comments
- From: "Mitch Porter" <portershouse@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:35:17 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=uJNzxP64Wk3myPVXUe6DwoAyVADL1BtOthuXD8usu2Y=; b=JfynzJP1MwOXbW3t6d+rZ/NDkg8LCeQO2nghLFhR9Ij0elv28lHT5BrP2y21BvhAgzMyglwYepK2P7lIQ59S+pstnAZOllthizuFIaO9kv+hsrojAOCpoSRKW1e/GOUteJ9l7t/bwrFWPalHae+iBsU+o4Ll2g7UWokrA4HkOCY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=GjsMvrGWwg+Bj1hjYR2kli9RFvuAPUpHqxdpSxkA1XXDCoekAW5vtf5YprOmtIFLMmCUE6i9hhe2OcgGdDWYbzYtWIhaQ7hsiQkJZe80o3n18DGKNdNEnTUY/Rg1LeY/sV5sWQ/StXyRAFMvFB+fzGXzthor5ey8PNA0+uL9mfc=
Thanks for all your help.
I use Foresight, some Puppy and now Slitaz.
It seems that we had a power loss (without me knowing it) and the
Slitaz box rebooted, and later "startx" got me back in GUI. My bad...
Told you I was a novice. ; )
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx
To change root passord, become root and: # passwd
> Novice needing help changing root password... Why does Slitaz fall
> back to TTY/Console after setting a couple of days?
More info with: $ passwd --help
mhhh should not fall back to console. Need more info to help. Check the
log file: /var/log/slim.log
In console mode, you can login as user and the type 'startx' to start a
I guess also.
> DSL forum post does bring up a few good points. (I guess)
> Some of Distrowatch's posts got out of hand .
> From the Mastoff we got Rots and others kinds of dogs... No need in
> pretending Slitaz is one of those huge distos but come to think of
> it you guys never said it was... : )
On the block...
> This distro is really going to launch because of it's niche so get