Re: [Sawfish] Firefox/Waterfox window size is reported incorrectly in resize overlay.

I can reproduce that.

One thing that noticed: Between Firefox, Liferea, and Baobab, only Firefox has a non-zero base size, per xprop. Maybe Sawfish is subtracting out the base size.

WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
               program specified minimum size: 675 by 180
               program specified maximum size: 16384 by 16384
               program specified base size: 675 by 180
               window gravity: NorthWest
WM_PROTOCOLS(ATOM): protocols WM_DELETE_WINDOW, WM_TAKE_FOCUS, _NET_WM_PING, _NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "Navigator", "firefox"

---

WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
               program specified minimum size: 449 by 110
               program specified base size: 0 by 0
               window gravity: NorthWest
WM_PROTOCOLS(ATOM): protocols WM_DELETE_WINDOW, WM_TAKE_FOCUS, _NET_WM_PING, _NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "liferea", "Liferea"

---

WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
               program specified minimum size: 774 by 168
WM_PROTOCOLS(ATOM): protocols WM_DELETE_WINDOW, WM_TAKE_FOCUS, _NET_WM_PING, _NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "baobab", "baobab"

Robert 'Bobby' Zenz <Robert.Zenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I haven't had time to look into this so far, but I just noticed that the Firefox/Waterfox window size is being reported incorrectly by the
resize-overlay.

I've enabled "Move/Resize -> Show current dimensions of window while resizing" and it seems like that the displayed/reported window size is the actual size minus the *minimum* size, so the displayed size is a
few hundred pixels wrong. See the attached screenshot.

I can't remember when it started, but so far Firefox/Waterfox seems to be the only application/window which exhibits this behavior. Other applications which have a fixed minimum size of the window do not display this. I've updated to the latest master and this still shows.

Has somebody else seen this?