Re: [Sawfish] limiting size of windows

On 5.2.2020 12.12, basile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I would like to limit all X11 windows to no more than 2000 pixels wide and 1300 pixels height.

There is window-size-hints but you would need some means for further constraining the size in the wm (the size hints come from the client). We don't seem to have that at the moment.

I never used sawfish, but I guess that I might use the|while-resizing-hook

That would only affect interactive resizing. It would neither prevent clients from creating big windows nor affect other resizing functions of the wm, e.g., maximize. What would you like that one to do anyway?

--
	Timo Korvola