[Sawfish] [patch] Two focus bugfixes; enter-exit flickering and x-cycle under focus-*.

Hi, Sawfish list. Let me send two patches to fix focus bugs.

The first one is for the notorious "enter-exit flickers" issue, and the second one for that after invocation of commands in x-cycle.jl (like cycle-windows and cycle-windows-backwards, and variants like -group and -among-group, etc), focus changes by pointer motion get ignored in focus-* modes.

At least both work correctly for me, but my test is far from thorough.

1. "enter-exit flickers" is fixed by ignoring "pointer-out". It may seem necessary, but reacting to "pointer-in" and "enter-root" is enough. The fixed symptoms are described in the patch commit log.

This patch is formed against HEAD, but it seems to work also for pre-9bdc8, which was a change to focus.jl in last November. (I don't know the exact symptom described in 9bdc8. It seems similar to mine, but it tries to fix both enter-exit and enter-only. Mine is related only to enter-exit.)

2. The fix of x-cycle.jl matters enter-* focus modes, i.e. all but "click". It's done by replacing make-timer with a different code. Theoretically both should work, but the code with timer doesn't. I can't tell why. (Timer seems to be called correctly as far as I investigated.) Anyway Librep's timer works in a very esoteric way.

Let me point out one more thing; the news says that `focus-when-mapped' can take the value `maybe', but it isn't there. Maybe you can add `default', which is self-exeplanatory. Even in that case wm/state/transient.jl can be left intact since the case of `default' can be ignored there. (Thus it's equivalent to not setting focus-when-mapped.) Thanks for implementing it.

Am i back? Sorry, no. (If you don't know me...ehem, ask Chris or fuchur.) Thanks for developing sawfish.

Best regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)

# BTW qtile-0.9 now supports python3. I think it's worth trying, thus installed it, but not yet tried; it's because now I've succeeded in fixing the above two issues.