|Re: [Sawfish] Bug view info file|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Bug view info file
- From: Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 21:55:56 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=jpberlin.de; h= content-transfer-encoding:content-type:content-type:in-reply-to :references:subject:subject:mime-version:user-agent:reply-to :from:from:date:date:message-id:received:received; s= mail20140220; t=1409860596; bh=EAFAbJUOegczj0xODa9dsHiq3nkvcwQdM rFwu8BzQuo=; b=mcXW1hXPnfgHPgHQQZYLWSRIPQcVchPQiczatxOMCTC83HAQN hvqVytW2tKi9fu7s52mTGRFMjowPQewPEEQWGDBKcYs0V5FOOW1Tn7Z+JHUrBpv0 9JypwkcYCrtUN52CYT+2UsnS883sKu6rpgj79AMazAxltswNpBsyn5ym0KC3pxHC HpbEmCpX0x9PV9uogTYaPmlk4JKUoPJmZBxBmPj274MLNUbR4V5250mbPX3TnynJ 5Fsm7no6Ey+1AijBvfvgsjhxwsIuh826uw6Tnw1wgR8jk9NZiX7xP8w2iDKStFKC m9Bqcd+15hN4j2PFW2afzvN5LeNJdNbcHqb/7aJyWCdbeJAb4LTqunLpPH3EYIl0 U5Iqh4D0f86Fcuz49bTxt/xgf6ddGzpWXmQwfzBGhNIS5V+K3FT1dL5i169Yby1L hGkVpGSzXpgSMr2ED67S0bpCoNevN0cdkqNO8LZ29/EsZOEFDKHECTdeTGr5ZaBo TtvYqv4HiZjDoArzBUmqb3u4syuacA89iCd65iEig/R6ueahGgJbXOp3RFTwvTED 8DroJyBESC7phbR/uvIB7U7kBT3rw1d67/krbQpqP4fwfXLjEN4RAD2Eu7qsD4gE 1O00oFrsUhUWnJ/an+b3RafBqQeEKiygSi2kXoJtl9t6HQHN/3vaditPyo=
regarding c) [sawfish.wm.ext.wallpaper]:
try latest GIT, I made a few more test cases and all bugs should be
squashed now in the wallpaper-setter.
On 04.09.2014 21:16, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
a) x-terminal-emulator is the default for xterm-program, which you can
change in SawfishConfig > Misc > External Applications.
There are two places you can access the info file:
aa) SawfishConfig: with SawfishConfig it is not possible to access
xterm-program setting from Sawfish. Thus x-terminal-emulator is
hardcoded in SawfishConfig. I might change it to xterm for better
(Why the funk don't those non-Debian-Distros use alternatives aswell?
this is pretty useful and allows generic system calls regardless of the
installed software. Well... that would be to easy and so not fragmented)
bb) Sawfish Root Menu > Help. This will use whatever xterm-program is.
b) if no browser opens that means that the default browser-program
(x-www-browser) is not available, adjust aswell in SawfishConfig > Misc
> External Applications.
See Screenshot for xterm-program and browser-program adjustment.
c) Wallpaper Setter. This is something completely different. This is not
an issue of external applications, it's an issue with the widget. It's
not really robust an error-tolerant. Please tell me your values for the
following defcustoms (so I can test and fix the issue):
d) use the GitHub bug tracker over at github.com/SawfishWM/sawfish/issues
On 04.09.2014 20:54, Stefan Husmann wrote:
Am 31.08.2014 um 11:16 schrieb fuchur:
If i start sawfish-config from xterm and try to "view info file" i got:
sh: x-terminal-emulator: command not found
in the xterm. My dist don't have x-terminal-emulator.
I can confirm this and the background image issue you reported. I
suspect the interface to the external programs is not working in
general. Can you test if the accessing the sawfish wiki coming from
"help" -> "sawfish-info" -> "sawfish wiki" works for you? I think it
should open a browser with "http://wikia.sawfish.com", but for me it
I am under Arch Linux with sawfish 1.11 from git.
P.S. is there a bug tracker to report such things?