Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish Desktop

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 21:13:42 +0200
wrote Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Hi folks,
>
>I was wondering about bundling Sawfish together with some other
>applications as a "(very) minimal Desktop Environment".
>
>In fact sawfish.wm.prg.* does nothing else when loading stuff up that's
>installed separately. So using this you already can build a "Sawfish
>DE". Not that this is a priority or something.
>
>It's just something that came to my mind about acquiring new users (and
>possibly) contributors.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Regards,
>Chris

Here i use xfce with sawfish. Xfce has a nice panel with many nice
plugins. That is exact that what i want.

If you want to build a "Sawfish DE" sawfish need something like the
"autostart" in the xfce4-settings-manager therewith the user can choose
what applications he want to start. This should be better.

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0