Re: [Sawfish] Patch to save memory and speed up StyleTab

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 17:04:11 +0200
wrote Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>on a side-note: Tiling + Tabbing does not work well together. Not that
>it actually should be a huge issue (how many will do both at the same
>time?), but just wanted to inform you all.

Yes that correct. Here i have a xinerama setup with two monitors and
today i play first time with tiling and i have only "chaos" on my
desktop:

Windows over docks (panel, gkrellm).
Windows half over xinerama head (from left to right and top to bottom).
Windows disappear, and i don't get them back.
Windows from tray appears on the desktop (goldendict).
Different placement window mode not overwrite (interactively, under
pointer ...)
Errors in my ~/.xsession-errors by keypress:

Lisp backtrace:
#2   ws-inc-max ...
#1   change-max-windows ...
#0   call-command ...

Sawfish error:
Bad argument: #<closure ws-inc-max @ sawfish.wm.tile.tall>, t, 1

Lisp backtrace:
#2   eval ...
#1   user-eval ...
#0   call-command ...

Sawfish error:
Unbound variable: increase-cols

No docs. That is that what i found (News) and i put this in my ~.sawfish/rc:

(require 'sawfish.wm.tile.tile)
(tall-tiling 0 #:width 1.75 #:top 0 #:bottom 0 #:gap 3 #:max 3 #:right nil #:resize t)
(col-tiling 0 #:top 0 #:bottom 0 #:gap 3 #:cols 3 #:resize t)
(bind-keys global-keymap
"M-KP_Subtract" 'increase-max-windows
"M-KP_Add" 'decrease-max-windows
"Super-KP_Subtract" 'increase-cols
"Super-KP_Add" 'decrease-cols
"C-KP_Subtract" 'tall-rotate-right
"C-KP_Add" 'tall-rotate-left
"C-F11" 'next-tiling)

For me, tab support is not the biggest problem for tiling.

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0