|Re: [Sawfish] jump-or-exec|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] jump-or-exec
- From: Timo Korvola <Timo.Korvola@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 22:07:23 +0200
- Cc: D M German <dmg@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:sender:from:to:subject:date:user-agent:cc:references :in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :message-id; bh=n70IIxw+jZz9dHdgcQA1/DkZTLy+Bf0TByPcqOwUllc=; b=QbxIoLPyYGkA99PAbS3GDkGzaD/VlMt7h4CtIaewPddPQi7TImZAYN/vjxNM/wpp/u TcV2NY8DwH1Bf8LOF44GVhqvt5QaiZ/QbE5b9EzGRuXbD5t8WnTaBWCQE0oOJklT1VZ+ oholj78mrJzD0Z55U778QYxSM0X8szuH4QQsxy3HYXdDmDD0kN9+U848xkSOPZVS32W4 O5kzMWD5Q8JXnN+EkMMjZbn42rFDg41dJ+dRTRY+c6W8vjM5UEW56lvuPYnmR/G/p90h YK3OfYzbB0a47VQVtBN4mf6LV/7nC8UB/ReVlOB2xY713PHXjxEGPHs9GhPWMMu84OlO 9Srw==
On Friday 11 January 2013 12:07:38 D M German wrote:
> When trying to create a new window using a command (gnome-terminal),
> how do I get the window identifier of the window?
By watching for new windows and guessing which one is right. I don't
think there is any reliable general technique for establishing which
windows were created by which process.
> any ideas how can I wait after the exec before I ask for the window
> that was just recently created?
Merely waiting will not do because the window manager plays an active
role in mapping client windows. Sawfish must return to its event loop in
order to process the new window. You could modify one of the hooks that
get called on window creation to have your own code run at that time.
However, as Chris pointed out your case looks like a job for window
matching rules. If you need to distinguish these terminals from others,
you might check whether gnome-terminal has a command line option similar
to xterm -name, i.e., if it lets you specify the application instance
name (the first part of WM_CLASS).
Timo Korvola <URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>