Re: [Sawfish] jump-or-exec

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 10:07:23PM +0200, Timo Korvola wrote:
> On Friday 11 January 2013 12:07:38 D M German wrote:
> > When trying to create a new window using a command (gnome-terminal),
> > how do I get the window identifier of the window?
> you might check whether gnome-terminal has a command line option similar
> to xterm -name, i.e., if it lets you specify the application instance
> name (the first part of WM_CLASS).

$ gnome-terminal --help-all
  -t, --title=TITLE               Set the terminal title

That does not set the first part of WM_CLASS but WM_NAME, and an
application running inside that terminal may change it, but maybe will
do?  There are also
  --class=CLASS                   Program class as used by the window manager
  --name=NAME                     Program name as used by the window manager
but what precisely they affect and how you will have to dig out yourself.

   Michal