|[Sawfish] focus by direction|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Sawfish] focus by direction
- From: D M German <dmg@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:48:38 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:sender:from:to:subject:organization:reply-to:date :message-id:user-agent:mime-version:content-type; bh=w86WZYumotqY42yf3BTByEiMNUFY0xyUij9oYraDPSo=; b=zFfhfHCXBEXpASZLMg+CcP7mwkOzj0FJdKZ6mfN0nQ4pV1nAgl/E+PH8L8gRRq1Gqa /pHiNoAMmXgAZedT8de6PaP9YEqg/Txyhw967+qFNXMBliPfqvpsX4RbpTsjgCi0HDd8 DzupWtpdw9xqxid9/9qdW4JjFxS2Wkds+Ctjw9kGsq4Ezkfh86AJpBWFXo2yNAxfd+Ge 39+sxElzLq+L5HIYBGTYdfphhRknHWXTy94JqQKnL756uQt/H2UVmwKdBZgQIpTz5+g2 3PpMqDlaiUgc78v1+wF8Jf4ySeMC5l7X9gkUbyhWul8szs0Y3THonFMBXyHpJQ4jAKHP xuUQ==
- Organization: University of Victoria
I have been using direction.jl for a long time, but it had some
annoyances that I could not stand. So I had finally written my own
script. Here it is, in case anybody is interested:
; dmg-focus-by-direction.jl Focus by direction. Based on the idea
; of direction.jl by Ives Aerts.
; Version 1.0b
; This sawfish script allows you to move to the "next" window in
; the current workspace in any given direction (north, sound, east,
; west). It uses the left-top corner as to create an order. For
; example, window A is "west" of B
; 1. Its A's x coordinate is larger than B's,
; 2. If same x coordinate, if A'y coordinate is larger than B's,
; 3. If still tied, if the window-id of A bis larger than B
;; I like binging the operations to meta-control A, P, F, N (similar to
; moving lines in emacs.
; This script makes some changes over Ives. First, it considers all
; windows in the current workspace. Second, it breaks ties in a
; deterministic way when two windows have the same top-corner
Daniel M. German "Beauty is the first test; there is no
permanent place in the world for ugly
G. H. Hardy -> mathematics."
dmg (at) uvic (dot) ca
replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .