|Re: [Sawfish] Strange Window Behaviour|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Strange Window Behaviour
- From: D M German <dmg@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 13:33:03 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:sender:from:to:subject:organization:references:reply-to :date:in-reply-to:message-id:user-agent:mime-version:content-type; bh=NTlpKb5Fs+i3tnV9jyHAWgBnJ0ei9tp0/z1WyviDOrU=; b=CCNuyF1LiD6yAB8hIlkbB1yQOPd6e9cJKAdjmIhGk2sRcIBoNsKnH84fqQrcFcUdaP z5jMGWUszM7MyqNaReIDl2VD76yz0n7oegvKUELhVJQhKZdbiuz01J2n/L6NUzxDbZVE Zbx7rW7aDr5IkOVQLB0Dczo97S5sEIyyA4FPi56pVgPLNgRu2oX2gZgVo/97rd1nzzeM NfhEPcqSHO3X8EUVhGfykfwUA6pYunFXieehZXP9IlLVZM6gMdmIzUxswIbpuiVzmJqq BZuP0e+rhcNsbdQa+nzzllCiIhSUvu71CIP0Wde2yd03J5GEW4xYfp7MW/BH5757NF9l ZEkg==
- Organization: University of Victoria
I don't know if this helps... but somehow, I can't resize by any means
(except programmatically--ie. writing lisp code) my firefox window. It
always starts at the same size. always. And no matter how I try to
resize it, it refuses (using the mouse, maximize, horizontal maximize,
etc). The only way I can get it back to "normal" is by writing a lisp
function that resizes the current window to a given fixed size.
I just can't figure out why. This started happening when I was using the
default ubuntu WM (12.10) and it continued when I moved to sawfish.
Andrew> I've got a really odd problem with Firefox that I think must be to do with
Andrew> some setting it's telling sawfish about. Suddenly my Firefox window shrank to
Andrew> a fifth its normal width, lost the "maximise" toolbar button and whenever I
Andrew> try to resize the window it jumps down to zero size (vertical or horizontal)
Andrew> and I can only get it to then resize back up to the narrow size it was
Andrew> before. I've had this happen once or twice before but a restart of Firefox
Andrew> fixed it then, but not this time. Even a reboot hasn't fixed it. I'm at a
Andrew> loss to even know what triggered it. I was using Firefox at the time but
Andrew> wasn't doing window operations with it. I've tried moving my .sawfish/custom
Andrew> file and restarting sawfish, including then restarting Firefox, but still no
Andrew> joy. I've even erased and reinstalled Firefox with no change.
Andrew> Any ideas?
Andrew> Professor Andrew A Adams aaa@xxxxxxxxxxx
Andrew> Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration, and
Andrew> Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
Andrew> Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan http://www.a-cubed.info/
Andrew> Sawfish ML
Daniel M. German "The only bad press is an obituary."
dmg (at) uvic (dot) ca
replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .