[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] stacking
- From: Timo Korvola <Timo.Korvola@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 21:50:45 +0200
- Cc: Peter Schorsch <tralalas@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=sender:from:to:subject:date:user-agent:cc:references:in-reply-to :mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:message-id; bh=qwThc97V1Mi5zBzplD5uQfknpfl48VIOIddTdp9RO7M=; b=l7nUzVhQpbMP7dtToFeKylXGtumUNSGP4HYlw2tfrYI99LcPv/0qzlJlOOx8qDjXpQ xqwKTw9FDLKj4+26sY6N6kocHmVbtZTy1FzLI2zyKs0hyvL6EvWk1Hj5YBKai8xkEMrM afOjxuG/VcuEgSyOYN+wjaV8qhNDPKJKS86qXVkUsWcxJylKk7/CV7k7AbWLroXI/8ck VIXuCtBysHwZtUfMTffXmzE8a4V9Iy+Es2pd2g0UIwKRGv1GCLbvCciSC3t7c6vMh2S0 i52xQ2WRa+HYTmqLSoUt1hP3iJTHOiL/F9cJzaXft6kERyEl6YzcOYChE4XP799kCiIi gHWA==
On Friday 16 November 2012 19:11:10 Peter Schorsch wrote:
> a) how to make a window always-on-top?
Raise it to a higher layer than the windows that you want it to be
always on top of. There are commands in the window menu or you can set
up window rules.
> b) how to make a panel always-on-top above all windows (incl. the
> always-on-top windows)?
By increasing dock-window-depth. Unfortunately that also causes panels
to remain above fullscreen windows. There is a patch that tries to
address that by raising fullscreen windows even higher. It does not work
quite reliably though, because it fails to identify fullscreen windows
in some cases.
> d) the sawfish stacking model?
Windows with the same value of the depth property are said to be in the
same layer and can be stacked in arbitrary order. Windows with greater
values of the depth property are considered to be in a higher layer and
are kept above those with smaller depth (sic!). Both positive and
negative depths can be used.
Timo Korvola <URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>