Re: [Sawfish] Window Rules - force a specific window size

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:24:51 +0200
wrote fuchur <flohtransporter@xxxxxxxxx>:

>Hi,
>
>On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:51:45 +0200
>wrote Daniel Fetchinson <fetchinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>>Hi folks,
>>
>>If I'm not mistaken Window Rules in sawfish-config can be used to
>>force a specific geometry on matched windows. Say for instance I'd
>>like to have all 'evince' windows to be of a given size (positioning
>>doesn't really matter).
>>
>>How would I do that with Window Rules?
>>
>>I selected 'Command' in Matchers and entered 'evince'. Then I see
>>'Fixed size' in the Geometry tab but when I enable it where do I enter
>>the height and width I'd like it to be?
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Daniel
>>

>Here is a screenshot from my evince rules for dimension.
>Dimension is move from the geometrie tab to appear tab, but i don't
>know why.

Oh, sorry.
Here the rule only work if you open a "empty" evince window. If you
open a pdf in evince, evince will remember the last dimension from the
window/pdf. I guess it is another crazy "settings" from the gnome folks
for the user from gnome applications.

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0