Re: [Sawfish] Window Rules - force a specific window size

>>>If I'm not mistaken Window Rules in sawfish-config can be used to
>>>force a specific geometry on matched windows. Say for instance I'd
>>>like to have all 'evince' windows to be of a given size (positioning
>>>doesn't really matter).
>>>
>>>How would I do that with Window Rules?
>>>
>>>I selected 'Command' in Matchers and entered 'evince'. Then I see
>>>'Fixed size' in the Geometry tab but when I enable it where do I enter
>>>the height and width I'd like it to be?
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>Daniel
>>>

>>Here is a screenshot from my evince rules for dimension.
>>Dimension is move from the geometrie tab to appear tab, but i don't
>>know why.

Thanks a lot!

> Oh, sorry.
> Here the rule only work if you open a "empty" evince window. If you
> open a pdf in evince, evince will remember the last dimension from the
> window/pdf. I guess it is another crazy "settings" from the gnome folks
> for the user from gnome applications.

Actually, it seems to work for me very well. Both when I launch evince
empty and also when a file is specified on the command line, as well
as when I open a pdf from the web. So far it's great, thanks a lot!

The gnome people are really terrible, they think it is a feature that
evince doesn't obey its -geometry settings and not a bug!

Cheers,
Daniel