Re: [Sawfish] Re: High IO while config is open.

Ha! Found another clue!

For some reason the file .local/share/recently-used.xbel gets written
every second or so, and it's size is roughly 650kb on my system. After
removing that file the disk-IO went down to something between 20kb to
50kb.

Here is the interesting part from strace:

open("/home/robert/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.3YMBKW",
O_RDWR|O_CREAT|O_EXCL|O_LARGEFILE, 0666) = 12
write(12, "<?xml version=\"1.0\"encoding=\"UT"..., 626688) = 626688

And many others...

Now that I know what I'm looking for, it seems I'm not the only one
with this problem: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=137697

Looks like a bug (or feature?) on GTKs end...so sorry to bother you.