|Re: [Sawfish] High IO while config is open.|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] High IO while config is open.
- From: Michal Maruska <mmaruska@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:14:27 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=SM5jSh8JkG1F/YNbrfn34G562usBJcgRQCzluq4OGJo=; b=Mok48nmDRRi5C8YKQpn0fBhBwRS/cqzy05IiVST18RubVBqTa/k2kz5c5PkyYd25h5 0dYnHfC9bx6yllPui3xg9OgSEpHlyy8ooEUTeeYAlAvTtCFrpXQybsN5YmYYXQ0qJpE/ mMAsGN7ub8NPVeLD1Ptzg8YFwm4RWHh0Pc74MpvMz0wLe7QqJssUZ8OthNAxtr67+82k ZsQkBTUJA64xTKa/u6sE4LLcHwBFqFS/LcOmgMEMR+W9X1njSPaeGGyTkgyZnzPrWbBu TJ37jNk5uMAE/7u7RZkB5wGzQvo/J1yBXUOtmBdfUU6tkjXfSPt8zAEnebFLCW3z9gnw hkRw==
the standard way of debugging this is to "attach" strace to it, to
see what & where things get written/read.
>> 11491 be/4 robert 0.00 B/s 532.82 K/s 0.00 % 0.23 %
strace -p 11491
change the PID next time:)
You might need sudo to use attach, on some systems.
On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Robert 'Bobby' Zenz
> Just to update, I tried to debug this but failed miserable...
> I also noticed that the .sawfish/custom does not get written until
> Sawfish gets restarted (or closed). Now I *really* wonder what causes
> Well, maybe I should wait for .1 and see if still persists...can't
> really exclude that there's not something borked with my setup.
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:18:47 +0200
> "Robert 'Bobby' Zenz" <Robert.Zenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is somebody else experiencing a high IO throughput as long as the
>> config dialog is open? Output from iotop:
>> TID PRIO USER DISK READ DISK WRITE SWAPIN IO
>> rep /usr/local/bin/sawfish-config ""
>> That continues until I close the dialog. I'm not sure if that is
>> intended behavior.
>> Best Regards,
>> Sawfish 1.9.0
>> librep 0.92.2
>> rep-gtk 0.90.8.1
> Sawfish ML