Re: [Sawfish] is there a trick to getting the popup menu working

>  to further post on this list, please consider subscribing
I replied to the "please confirm subscription request email"
and got no errors back so I thought that was OK -

should I re-try from the start again?

> From: listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Sawfish] confirm subscribe WDU9xd0E
>
> You sent a request to be subscribed to the following mailing list:
>   sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> With the following email:

>Though main-menu can be triggered to be accessible anywhere, if you bind 'popup-root-menu to something in global-keymap, or 'popup-window-menu for window-ops menu.

I turned on the "hints" and clicked (right, left, middle) everywhere the hints said something useful would happen.

No Sawfish menus yet.

in sawfish-config, under "iconify button keymap" I do see the entry
Button3-Click   -> Popup window ops menu

but it doesn't do anything anywhere.  I suspected Unity or Gnome3 window management had something else running that's capturing or silently throwing away some of these events, but with lxde and Xfce I hoped I had side stepped thse window manager issues.

Shading and maximizing / minimizing using Button 3 works fine.