|Re: [Sawfish] Window dimensions are off by 226x238 when set via Window Rules|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Window dimensions are off by 226x238 when set via Window Rules
- From: Teika Kazura <teika@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:48:52 +0900 (JST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lavabit; d=lavabit.com; b=M3XHklmrF4zRJsWWT5aVFCQY3HHLclwmV2UjdBPhUpW43OXjZtaurdnXvXLDTzuJWkzb7I7aXkUkyKHdmXHm4xjazaofVobEnbwUsPyKwfvMv0ttMaxxri+CTH4C6/UtOO0CPmwpb1Gc2ulaP6hsfwGeKqETKBtviq6W+QikfpQ=; h=Date:Message-Id:To:Subject:From:In-Reply-To:References:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;
On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 20:59:49 +0200, "Robert 'Bobby' Zenz" wrote:
> After not knowing what else to do, I ended up with this...well, hack:
> diff tmp/sawfish/sawfish-1.9.0/lisp/sawfish/wm/windows.jl /usr/local/share/sawfish/lisp/sawfish/wm/windows.jl
> < (resize-window-to
> < w (constrain-dimension-to-hints (+ x-base (* x-inc cols)) 'x hints)
> < (constrain-dimension-to-hints (+ y-base (* y-inc rows)) 'y hints))))
>> (resize-window-to w cols rows hints)
>> ;;; w (constrain-dimension-to-hints (+ x-base (* x-inc cols)) 'x hints)
>> ;;; (constrain-dimension-to-hints (+ y-base (* y-inc rows)) 'y hints))
> That fixes the problem completely...
Hi. Glad to know your problem is gone, but this is not a bug of
Sawfish. Maybe due to rare race conditions? (IIRC there were trouble
reports only for nVidia drivers a couple of years ago.)
But if the same issue is frequent, it may be better to provide a
The involved function is resize-window-with-hints, which is only used
from match-window.jl. All other functions use resize-window-with-hints*.
(Notice the last asterisk.) I don't know what's the difference.
Could anyone help?
Teika (Teika kazura)