Building Sawfish (was: Re: [Sawfish] lack of contributors)

Campbell, *please* don't reply to a wrong thread. If you do choose
to reply, you've got to change the title, and delete some headers,
reply-to:, references: etc. I think it's easier to send a new one,
rather than replying.

On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 10:32:08 +1000, Campbell Barton wrote:
> https://ideasman42-dev-scripts.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/install_scripts/inst_sawfish.sh

I don't think there's reason to build the latest git Sawfish for
most. Neither for librep and rep-gtk; they don't get so many updates.
Stable releases suffice.

One reason to try the latest is to join the development. In that case,
I don't recommend git clone, but pull. I also recommend to read
the logs or new ML posts to see what's happening before
installation. So "building all three automatically by a single script"
idea doesn't intrigue me. (Neither for other packages which you're not
especially interested in. It's a waste of time. Stay stable.)

And, there's no reason, _at all_, to avoid the use of the package
manager of your distro. (Do you install Sawfish to an embedded
system?)  Those who build from the latest git especially should use
the package manager.

Teika (Teika kazura)