Re: [Sawfish] window rules working only at Restart

On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:46:59 +0900 (JST),
Teika Kazura <teika@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My impression is it's an X precise timing issue, though not sure at
> all. If so, none is working regularly any more in Sawfish, so the fix
> will be unlikely. But it's not the established conclusion.

> Do you remember what triggered it? X server / driver update, Sawifsh,
> or all of them?  (Hey, as a Gentoo user, I don't understand "releases"
> and "upgrading distro version". :P)

After recompiling sawfish (librep, rep-gtk and sawfish) it did start
flying again. It was probably a combination of events, perhaps an
ubuntu update was part of the problem, but I was also tweaking my
sawfish configuration at the same time.

I was tweaking my sawfish configuration because there is one specific
window that I cannot control with window rules. Now that everything
is working like before that specific window is still not responding to
the rules. The window in particular is an emacs frame created
from an org-mode visiting buffer to spawn what emacs-fu calls sauron
(a notification mechanism.) for some reason rules do not apply to this
window. i have checked in sawfish-client that name and class of that
specific window matches what i have setup in the rules dialog, but
still the window does follow the rules i have set.

all in all, thanks for the advices. many thanks.

cheers,
 Rodrigo