|[Sawfish] Sawfish In Your Favourite Desktop Environment.|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Sawfish] Sawfish In Your Favourite Desktop Environment.
- From: Deric Bytes <dericbytes@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:20:38 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=I9JOlXwOd0KUjsLLQhWPREZ7qZd0EQ1JfY8G72efmZI=; b=PdPmkw0aMdjkHsY8pQ4GTBpBv9OvbUsq3oCXpIpK+WRPjZzeDBbRbbxQgwebtVw3w9 Zzuph0jnEOCh//Mp14c0CuZQKivypA3TvglWQDcscnKv2JOLHbrdU6ohuHRGS7ujpktW mHitXKSTHiAgi8g+SANO0L6BicCloTUPibMJQ=
I was using sawfish with gnome but have upgraded my system and can not get it working with sawfish. The only reason I used gnome is because it was the first desktop environment I set up.
I tried using XFCE4 and although it works. I do not know how to set up properly
netorking ( networkmanager ) - delay in connecting to wifi, sometimes disconnects without reconnecting
bluetooth ( blueman ) - can not get it automatically connect to bluetooth if present
sound control ( volume-amixer ) - mapped buttons to keyboard but only works for laptop speakers, not bluetooth speakers
xfce4-panel - sometimes xfce4-session does not start and I can not use the logoff button.
1. Can someone help me iron out these issues. I don't mind changing desktop ( i.e. KDE ) or the programs ( networkmanager, blueman )
2. I feel like going back to Gnome but love the following functionality that sawfish brings
- Position windows - size, location, stacking
- Run scripts on windows events i.e. Turn off mouse when in editor
- Intercept key presses and maybe do something else based on window status.
Can I get the following functionality without sawfish, that works ontop of any x desktop environment
3. How come you can't just run the command 'sawfish &' from inside gnome and the above functionality becomes available
4. Can someone update the wiki section about for the latest Gnome