Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish In Your Favourite Desktop Environment.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Deric Bytes <dericbytes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 3. How come you can't just run the command 'sawfish &' from inside gnome and
> the above functionality becomes available

If you run gnome "classic" or "fallback" you can run "sawfish
--replace" from a terminal and it will replace metacity.  I have not
tried this from the full gnome3 wm/desktop.

If you like what that gives you, you can make it a permanent option in
gdm's session menu.  (see recent past messages to this list with my
address implicated).

-Brett.