[Sawfish] Re: defcustom by :type color lost settings.

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 05:34:52 +0200
wrote fuchur <flohtransporter@xxxxxxxxx>:

>Hi,
>
>defcustom by :type color lost settings and i can reproduces it:
>I have a color dialog in my themefile:
>
>(defcustom mystyletab:focus-frame-color (get-color "#780000")
>  "Focus frame color."
>  :group (appearance My-StyleTab:group My-StyleTab:color-group)
>  :type color)
>
>and under it:
>(defvar aaa mystyletab:focus-frame-color)
>
>I no restart sawfish, go to the color dialog change the color restart
>sawfish again and open sawfish-client type:
>
>mystyletab:focus-frame-color
>#<color #e600e4001200>
>
>and
>
>aaa
>#<color #e600e4001200>
>
>All is like expected and i can restart sawfish again and again all is
>ok, but if i once open sawfish-config with the color dialog and i do
>NOTHING then close sawfish-config after restart sawfish i got by
>sawfish-client:
>
>mystyletab:focus-frame-color
>#<color #e600e4001200>
>
>and
>
>aaa
>#<color #780000000000>
>

>Can anyone help?

I have do some test and if i reload the theme it works like expected
but if i restart sawfish my custom settings are gone.

I explain. I have:

(defcustom mystyletab:focus-frame-color (get-color "#780000")
  "Focus frame color."
  :group (appearance My-StyleTab:group My-StyleTab:color-group)
  :type color)

(define focus-frame-color
  mystyletab:focus-frame-color)

in my theme file. If i load the theme from sawfish-config
focus-frame-color returns the correct value from
mystyletab:focus-frame-color from the file ~/.sawfish/custom.
If i restart sawfish focus-frame-color returns the default value
from "defcustom mystyletab:focus-frame-color (get-color "#780000")"
and not the value from ~/.sawfish/custom. If i load then a other theme
from sawfish-config, then restart sawfish load my theme i got the
correct value by focus-frame-color from mystyletab:focus-frame-color
from the file ~/.sawfish/custom, if restart i got again the default
value from defcustom mystyletab:focus-frame-color (get-color "#780000")
and not from file custom.

Can anyone try to reproduces/check this, if it a bug in sawfish?

--
Regards,

Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0