Re: [Sawfish] Re: libtool problem librep 0.92.0

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 22:06, Rodrigo Gallardo <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> PS.
> Yes, it's me, the long lost Debian packages maintainer!
> I'm finally working on getting current sawfish back in shape for the
> distro, starting by actually using current sawfish in my own
> system. Expect news :-)
>
> --
> Rodrigo Gallardo

Awesome!

PS.

I hate autotools too, like anyone else. When something goes wrong it's
often ridiculously difficult to debug.

Is there anything that autotools does that can't be done better with a
modern build system? If there aren't strong objections I might put
some effort in to getting sawfish/rep/rep-gtk building with scons as a
proof of concept. Any other scons users here?

Currently git librep fails to configure on OpenBSD 4.9-release.

Lonestar ~/code-other/librep % AUTOMAKE_VERSION=1.10
AUTOCONF_VERSION=2.64 ./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/teratorn/altsys
Running autoheader
Running libtoolize
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4'
to `aclocal.m4'.
Running aclocal
aclocal-1.10: couldn't open directory `m4': No such file or directory

-E

---