|Re: [Sawfish] Building librep and librep-gtk using dpkg-buildpackage?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Building librep and librep-gtk using dpkg-buildpackage?
- From: "Eric P. Mangold" <teratorn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:14:39 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=9ofK01JIPbSz75OcANs92gbtSmzLI0z32gxakwkdBMw=; b=HiICjUjS3H6v5600P91U3tBhEfwySdnz0lfnqP1wQ3ZnOrW867ymRSgyr462eZbALL RCYqre8yaXoqDaWQVfMpOXZy5pWRM4I14J58LJcIczS5QIlZx0SyjwMQBzmr2643h4Vq 7sH5gza2GqCKkZiT4LNWag/37YbirF025atiM=
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 20:16, Rafal Kolanski <rafalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to build debian packages out of librep and librep-gtk, which
> are necessary to get newer debian packages out of sawfish. For the
> record, I downloaded
> However, I've encountered several problems. First, trying to do:
> # dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
> despite satisfying all the dependencies, I get this error:
> dh clean --with autotools-dev --with autoreconf
> dh: unable to load addon autoreconf: Can't locate
> Debian/Debhelper/Sequence/autoreconf.pm in @INC
> On #sawfish, teratorn kindly pointed out that I can do this:
> # sudo apt-get install autoreconf
> That error then gets me to:
> dpkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (git)': doesn't
> contain a git repository
> So it needs a git repository and insists on it. Ok, let's make one:
> # git init; git add *; git ci -m "BLAH"
> Now it builds, generating:
> librep16_0.92.0-1nano_amd64.deb librep-dev_0.92.0-1nano_amd64.deb
> OK, to build librep-gtk we need librep-dev installed, so let's try do that:
> # sudo dpkg -i librep16_0.92.0-1nano_amd64.deb
> Another error, this time:
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of librep-dev:
> librep-dev depends on librep16 (>> 3:0.92.0-1nano); however:
> Version of librep16 on system is 3:0.92.0-1nano.
> dpkg: error processing librep-dev (--install):
FWIW, I just built Deb packages of librep using the same command
Also on amd64, and they appear to work. No dependency problems installing them.
This from an up-to-date git checkout, not a source tarball.
Which debian are you on? Can you give a git checkout a try, just to
make sure it works for you?
> So I can't install librep-dev 0.92.0 because it needs a version of
> librep 0.92.0 that's greater than the one used to build librep-dev?
> That would imply I need one from the future!
> I'd appreciate your opinions on this. Debian is still distributing
> ancient versions of Sawfish and librep, and I'd like to run fresher
> versions while still reaping the benefits of using a packaging system.
> Thank you in advance,
> Rafal Kolanski.
> Sawfish ML