Re: [qet] Linux installation directories

Le vendredi 4 décembre 2015, 19:01:11 Simon Dop a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I do maintain the PKGBUILD for qelectrotech in ArchLinux (see [1]).
>
> I noticed some time ago that the installation directories for Qelectrotech
> are not FHS-compliant (see [2]). For now, I do patch the qelectrotech..pro
> to be FHS compliant (see [3]).
>
> Is there a reason behind this ?
>
> If there is no reason, could you fix this ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answer

Hi,

By default a Gnu/Linux program compiled and installed by user example:
(Qmake, make, sudo make install) install these files in /usr/local/ and
sometimes in /opt directories.
And you want that upstream program install by defaut in /usr/share/ ... no,
no, is a heresy, this directory is reserved to mainstream distribution!

the mainstream job is to patching source program in following to the
guidelines of its distribution and other.... not the upstream job!

Regards,
Laurent