[qet] Re: QET-Manual

Le lundi 12 juillet 2010 14:07:49 Peter Handrick, vous avez écrit :
> Hello Xavier, hello Markus,
Hello Peter,

> atached you will find the latest version of the manual I made.
> Of course, this manual is explains the program and do not stay for an
> FAQ or an tutorial.
> Perhaps within the next few month I will have chance to start to prepare
> a manual. May we see.
>
> The OpenOffice-doc is already checked regarding failures in spelling and
> grammar. But the kdi-file do have up to now some speling-errors in.
> Sorry. I will fix this later.
>
> Nethermind, I hope this manual will be helpfull.
Looks like a huge work ; here is a little feedback on the .odt file:
--- 8< --------------------------------------------------------------------
List of contains => List of contents
is currently available in version 0.2. => 0.22 actually
This of course is shown by lower contrast of the specific text of. => one
extra "of"?
QElectroTech offers a series of Shortcuts => a set of shortcuts?
Straight below of the Main-Menu a Toolbar is located, which offers the
direct access to several application. => Straight below the main menu is
located a toolbar, which offers a direct access to several features.
actually => currently?
Undo/Redo : actually, every action listed in the "undo panel" can be undone
cache memory => it's often called the "clipboard"
The UNDO-Feature can bring back them. => bring them back
Existing connections do not brake while the element rotates. => break
[many more]

Reset conductors : since you can customize the path of a conductor, this
action makes the conductor forget its customized path, which is then
automatically calculated.

Clean project: actually, the "cache which can be emptied partly before the
project have to be saved" is the project collection (not library) itself.
When you refresh the elements panel and expand the project collection, the
elements that are not used in the project appear with a red background.
These elements are to be deleted by the "Clean project" feature.

Display/Undo : a single click is enough to use the undo panel.

QT => please spell it "Qt" (and pronounce it "cute").

Regarding the "Configure QElectroTech" dialog: what about the "Export" and
"Printing" sections?
--- 8< --------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding syntax: the main problem of what I read is the English language.
We will need this document to be read by a native English speaker if we want
it to be 100% correct. Of course, I trust you for the German part.

Regarding semantic: except my few remarks, most of what you have written is
correct. However it might be useful to explain the various principles behind
QElectroTech *before* detailing the menus: especially, the concepts of
projects, diagrams, elements, elements collections, conductors, ...

Regarding pictures: you will certainly need to crop/resize most of them for
a real inclusion in the document. However, for first versions, inclusion
through a link is fine.

Whatever, writing a manual is a huge work that requires time and effort. I
encourage you to keep improving it :)

> Best regards
>
> Peter
Cheers,