[qet] Re: QET-Manual

Hello Xavier,
thank you for your remarks regarding the manual.
Indeed I did detect few of the failures you mentioned later on as well,
but it helps to get such feedback like yours.
If you like I modify the manual, of course the kdi-file is already
modified, and send the whole package again.

> Clean project: actually, the "cache which can be emptied partly before the
> project have to be saved" is the project collection (not library) itself.
> When you refresh the elements panel and expand the project collection, the
> elements that are not used in the project appear with a red background.
> These elements are to be deleted by the "Clean project" feature.
Nice to know. ;) I wrote the thoughts I have had about this procedure
only. Thank you!

> QT => please spell it "Qt" (and pronounce it "cute").
OK, Perhaps you realized already, I am an technician for electrics and
electronics. To make programs for pc has never been my way. Due to such
a hints are very welcome.

> Regarding the "Configure QElectroTech" dialog: what about the "Export" and
> "Printing" sections?
What in detail do you mean with? As far as I remember the possibility to
save existing diagrams as pdf, ps, jpg, bmp,svg,.. is already
mentioned.

> Regarding syntax: the main problem of what I read is the English language..
> We will need this document to be read by a native English speaker if we want
> it to be 100% correct.
For sure I do not expect something else. Naturally my english is not
perfect. Anyway a native speaker as well should never think his way to
speak and write is correct all the time. Due to I would appreciate as
well to see somebody else checks the german text I wrote, too.

>  Of course, I trust you for the German part.
Thank you, but nobody is perfect.

> Regarding semantic: except my few remarks, most of what you have written is
> correct. However it might be useful to explain the various principles behind
> QElectroTech *before* detailing the menus: especially, the concepts of
> projects, diagrams, elements, elements collections, conductors, ...
Perhaps we should deal this matters in a different chapter. Otherwise
perhaps this could "overload" the menu-explanaition. Furthermore I have
to learn much more about QET before I can start to write such a chapter.
Up to now I am a beginer. My experience with QET is not good enough yet.
But time by time....

> Regarding pictures: you will certainly need to crop/resize most of them for
> a real inclusion in the document. However, for first versions, inclusion
> through a link is fine.
Quite clear. Perhaps the manual could be attached to QET as an
html-file. In such a case the links are maybe more suitable. For
the .odt-file we need to go with smaller pictures. There are no doubts
for.

> Whatever, writing a manual is a huge work that requires time and effort. I
> encourage you to keep improving it :)
As usual, we try our best, isn't it? :)

Best regards

Peter