[proaudio] Understanding contribution rules (was: re: Question about contribution)

Looking to last message:
> From: blf <bfirth@xxxxxxx>
> To: proaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [proaudio] zita-ajbridge + Future/cleanup of proaudio
> overlay Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 12:46:18 +0200

...., I just realised, that for each attached
ebuild they attach patch for it just after it, so it looks nice in
mailing list archive.

I'm only unsure, how better to generate patches...
If ebuild is only slightly changed, it is obvious.
Is this rule good even when ebuild is rewritten, deriving only small
parts, like DEPEND, USE, HOME variables (and still, some DEPEND might
be changed)?

And should it be new-file-adding patch (with only pluses) for proposal
of new ebuild?

Yet, someone mentioned proaudio's IRC channel recently. But i need to
understand, in what cases it makes sence.