[proaudio] Question about contribution

Hello. I'm to ask about, how better to submit my work and proposals.

For now i just have local overlay, where among others are fixed,
bumped, improved ebuilds, awaiting to be sent.

Is this way OK?

One time i submited ebuild, probably for denemo, on bugs.gentoo.org...
it was noted as interesting, and someone proposed me to be its
maintainer. But honestly, i'm not sure, i'm ready to become regular
maintainer for something. Instead i try to fix issues, i'm facing self
in various packages, what is completely irregular.

....For now i have to submit fixed and reworked linuxsampler ebuild,
about which i previously simply complained :)