Re: [proaudio] SVN to Git status

I'm using git-svn but prefer to use a git hoster with pull-requests.

I have no feelings about github or gitlab, neither about the way of migration.

cheers

On 04/25/2016 07:05 PM, Hector Martin "marcan" wrote:
[ Resending as I think this never made it to the list, apologies if it did ]

I saw there was an attempt to migrate from SVN to Git, but the Git repo
on Gitlab is out of date and there have been a number of SVN commits
since then.

What's the status? Is it stalled because of lack of interest? I can
volunteer some time to make a proper Git conversion of the history, but
for that to make any sense we have to agree that this is a good idea and
the SVN repo should be set read only or converted to an automated mirror
of the Git one after the transition, otherwise it'll just keep getting
commits and we'll end up with two diverging histories. What does
evermind think about this kind of migration? Other devs?

I'd like to contribute some minor fixes and a git/PR-based approach
makes life easier (and lets random people contribute easily). And now
the main portage tree is in git :-). I have a plain git-svn clone with a
couple of commits on top at:
https://github.com/marcan/proaudio/commits/master