Re: [proaudio] [2973] media-sound/midipp: created ebuild folder

Thank you for the hints. I'll check them this evening.

On Nov 11, 2015 6:06 AM, "Karl Lindén" <karl.j.linden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/10/15 21:29, Ingolf Wagner wrote:
> Because it is my first commit, it would be great if somebody could
> have a look at it, and say if it is Ok. Because I'm in contact with
> the maintainer, and I want to tell him that its upstream now.

> <mailto:palipalo9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>:
>
> Yeah, I just wanted to write an email about this, to have somebody
> look over it.

> <mailto:subversion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>:
>
> Revision: 2973 Author:   palo Date:     2015-11-10 21:26:24 +0100
> (Tue, 10 Nov 2015) Log Message: ----------- media-sound/midipp:
> created ebuild folder
>
> Added Paths: -----------
> trunk/overlays/proaudio/media-sound/midipp/
> trunk/overlays/proaudio/media-sound/midipp/Manifest
> trunk/overlays/proaudio/media-sound/midipp/midipp-1.2.17.ebuild
>
> trunk/overlays/proaudio/media-sound/midipp/midipp-1.2.17_rc1.ebuild

Initial commit would be a more suitable commit message since your
adding more than just the folder.

Well, you should run repoman before you commit things, but it errors
out as I am trying to run in it in the folder you created.

I will comment on the diff.
+# Copyright 1999-2015 Gentoo Foundation
+# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v3
+# $Header: $
This is malformed. All other ebuild headers are. Look at
/usr/portage/header.txt and you see that it should be $Id$ and not $
Header: $.

+
+EAPI=5
+
+
+DESCRIPTION="MIDI Player Pro is the software you need to be able to
play any kind of music in seconds with your fingertips."
+HOMEPAGE="http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/midistudio/"
+SRC_URI="https://github.com/myDistro/${PN}/archive/${PV}.tar.gz"
+
+
+LICENSE="FREE"
I do not think there is such a license. This should be a license that
you can find in either /usr/portage/license or proaudio/license.

+SLOT="0"
+KEYWORDS="amd64 x86"
You added it with stable keywords. Should have been ~amd64 ~x86

+IUSE=""
+
+
+DEPEND="
+       dev-qt/qtcore
+       media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit"
dev-qt/qtcore has slots it should be either dev-qt/qtcore:4 or
dev-qt/qtcore:5. But are you completely sure about this? Does the
program come with a graphical user interface?

+
+DOCS=""
Why empty variables?

+
+src_configure(){
+       cd midipp
Instead of doing cd all the time you could just say S="${S}/${PN}" in
the header.

+       qmake HAVE_STATIC=YES HAVE_JACK=YES PREFIX=${D}
Do not call qmake directly. Use eqmakeX from qmake-utils.eclass, where
X is the correct version of qt. See devmanual [1].

Why do you unconditionally install static libraries (I guess that is
what HAVE_STATIC=YES means)? Either you install them conditionally
using USE="static-libs" or not at all. Static libraries are a security
nightmare.

Maybe you should add a jack USE-flag if it supports building without jac
k.

Why PREFIX=${D}, why not PREFIX="${EPREFIX}" or is the build system
misbehaving? Also I do not think the PREFIX argument is needed as soon
as you use qmake-utils, but I may be wrong here.

+}
+
+src_compile() {
+       cd midipp
+       make
Make should *never ever* be called directly from the ebuild. Use emake
instead, but you do not need it here, since you just want the default
phase function.

+}
+
+src_install(){
+       cd midipp
+       emake DESTDIR=${D} install
If you for some reason insist in explicitly stating the phases,
although there are equivalent defaults, you need DESTDIR="${D}" here
since ${D} may contain spaces.

+}

If you just set S in the header as I suggested above and inherit
qmake-utils and use it in src_configure I guess you do not need to
actually explicitly state src_compile and src_install since you are
just repeating the default. See devmanual. [2][3]

In haste,
Karl

[1]
https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/qmake-utils.eclass/index.h