Re: [proaudio] libffado not detecting 32bit architecture

On Sun, 8 Mar 2015 12:42:14 +0100
Maurizio Berti <maurizio.berti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> I was installing libffado, I'm on a 64bit cpu architecture but my
> system is on a 32bit userspace, and it looks like the SConstruct
> script is not able to determine it, since it wants to use /bin/mount
> to do it (and in the gentoo sandbox it is not available, AFAIK).
>
> Unfortunally I am not skilled enough to create a patch that correctly
> detects it, then I'm just editing it for my needs on my local
> overlay, but you may want to edit the ebuild and write a working
> patch. According to this forum thread there are gentoo specific
> guidelines to do so: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6924864.html
>
> Thanks,
> MaurizioB

Hi!

It does improperly determine user space type, IMHO. The best thing
would be to avoid it completely so I have patched the version in the
overlay and sent the patch upstream [1]. Please test it out! Thanks for
reporting!

[1] http://subversion.ffado.org/ticket/389

Regards,
Karl