Re: [proaudio] media-sound/mixxx-9999 UPDATE!

Looks like a use hid problem. I will send a pull request up stream. Thanks for the bug!

-Alex

On 12/20/2014 12:42 PM, Karl Lindén wrote:
Committed. Thanks!

However mixxx-9999 fails to compile with the following error
(build.log attached):
In file included from src/controllers/dlgcontrollerlearning.h:19:0,
                  from src/controllers/dlgcontrollerlearning.cpp:12:
src/controllers/hid/hidcontroller.h:11:20: fatal error: hidapi.h: No
such file or directory
  #include <hidapi.h>
                     ^
compilation terminated.
scons: *** [lin64_build/controllers/dlgcontrollerlearning.o] Error 1
In file included from src/controllers/dlgcontrollerlearning.h:19:0,
                  from src/controllers/dlgprefcontroller.h:18,
                  from src/controllers/dlgprefcontroller.cpp:16:
src/controllers/hid/hidcontroller.h:11:20: fatal error: hidapi.h: No
such file or directory
  #include <hidapi.h>
                     ^
compilation terminated.
scons: *** [lin64_build/controllers/dlgprefcontroller.o] Error 1

Hi Karl,

I am glad you reminded me about fidlib!  Fidlib is in a state of disarray at
the moment.  The mixxx team did a bunch of bug fixes and improvements to the
library, but they broke the API in the process. I was working with them to
try and get the changes sent upstream and a new version released but that
process has stalled.  I am sure we will come back to it before the next
release.  Until then, I have attached a live version of the fidlib ebuild
that uses my github fork with all the new stuff in it.  Fidlib-0.9.10-r1 is
now in the portage trunk and can be removed from proaudio.

As far as I can tell, the clfags patch doesn't really have an effect on the
build process or the resulting binary so I stopped maintaining it.  It just
removes -pipe and -g.

The EGIT_REPO_URI stuff was being used for some testing I was doing related
to the fidlib stuff.  That line can be removed, ill do the same here.

Thanks,
Alex