Re: [proaudio] wine & asio / running VSTis

On Wednesday 27 March 2013 17:28:25 Xavier Miller wrote:
> Hi Dominique,
>
> Le Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:18:27 +0100,
>
> Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> > From this link, wineasio experience should not change.
>
> Will check. Last experience (1-2 years ago) was a ramp (freezes & Co)..
>
> > > Would it better to run VSTs through Wine or native Linux VST hosts ?
> >
> > If a native host support your VSTs, it will be better.
>
> Will enable VST support (will not work in pure 64 bits, didn't?) and
> check.
>
> Thanks for your reply !
>
> > > Kind regards,
> > > Xavier Miller

Have you tried fsthost at http://sourceforge.net/projects/fsthost/ ?
I have ebuild for fsthost which seem to work on x86 but it need some more
checking on amd64 because I couldn't get it to work yet. lash seems a problem
on 64-bit but I submitted multilib ebuild for lash at gentoo bug 463360, will
try to look over it and commit fsthost soon.

Cheers
Gav