Re: [proaudio] patchage-9999

Le Thu, 8 Nov 2012 19:59:52 +0100,
Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> I am reviewing the patchage live ebuild.
>
> It is 2 good news with:
> 1) it work and was relatively easy to fix
> 2) it install everything from drobilla.net
> 2bis) that imply it have f. dependencies:
>
> RDEPEND="!<media-libs/raul-9999
> 	!<x11-libs/flowcanvas-9999
> 	!<dev-libs/serd-9999
> 	!<dev-libs/sord-9999
> 	!<meida-libs/suil-9999
> 	!<media-libs/ratom-9999
> 	!<media-libs/lilv-9999
> 	!<media-sound/ingen-9999
> 	!<media-sound/jalv-9999
> 	!<media-sound/omins-9999
>
> I see 2 issues.
>
> First, I don't know what name I should give to this ebuild. I name it
> patchage in this mail.
>
> Second, with such depends, we can make all those live ebuilds to only
> rdepend on patchage. The advantage is that new users will get their
> favourite software installed, and everything else from drobilla at the
> same time.
>
> But they (the depends) are not optimal from portage POV. If the user
> already have some of those softwares installed, a manual unmerge would
> be necessary.
>
> To change them to =package-9999 will not solve this issue, and
> possibly add circular depends. But I didn't tested it.
>
> A third way would be to change all the !<package-9999
> into !package and remove all those live ebuilds from the tree. The
> advantage is simplicity, but non aware users will not like it, because
> they will not find the other drobilla programs. We can add a few words
> about this into the wiki and into 00-OVERLAY-INFO.

I followed that way. And I named it drobilla-9999. I made no other
change at that time, so you can test it and we can decide later what we
do with the other ebuilds. Anyway, all of them are failing... So, I
would suggest the simplest thing: just remove them.

> On more way would be to make like with the non-suite, ebuilds that
> install everything but install only the corresponding parts. It is
> much more work and maintenance. So, I will not do that.

If someone will do that, it is OK for me. Just do it.

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."