Re: [proaudio] *kit free profile for audio work

Le Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:52:24 +0200,
Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I am experimenting a new profile. It is based on the desktop profile
> with the following USE flags changes:
>
> USE="-consolekit jack -policykit -udisks -upower"
>
> This setting will not install or remove polkit and consolekit,
> as well than anything that hard depend on them, including
> pulseaudio, gnome and a few other desktops. It will install jack too.
>
> To get automounting to work, you will need to install uam and pmount.
> I can also provide a live ebuild for pmount-gui. I also have 2 ebuilds
> to make lxde to work without udisks and upower.

I was wrong on lxde. It compile and work, but lifm is broken. So no
hope with lxde. The *kit free wm/desktop are fvwm, fvwm-crystal, rox,
razor-qt, xfce, afterstep, enlightenement, fluxbox, icewm, *box,
wmaker, and a few other. Most of kde can be installed too.

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."