Re: [proaudio] ardour-2.9999 debug build problems ...

thanks Dominique.  from that document, it seems like the debug USE flag is actually not meant to create a debug build of the package, only as a "a last-chance card".  so now i am totally confused ;)  there seems to be no automated way that my weak ebuild skills can conjure up to make the ardour-2.9999 ebuild prevent stripping if the debug USE flag is enabled.  my last attempt, setting FEATURES="nostrip" in response to the debug flag being set, have done nothing.

    anyone have more suggestions?  or does one really have to use FEATURES="${FEATURES} splitdebug" manually every time a debug build is required?  it seems odd that a debug use flag produces a binary without debug symbols?

    thanks again.

peace, w