Re: [proaudio] IRC channel

On Friday 22 Oct 2010 03:14:53 siris wrote:
> If it can be done, and people will use it. IRC hasn't been something I
> have done in a very long time, but if it was active, I'm sure it would
> be helpful in getting finding solutions faster.
>
> On 10/21/2010 1:22 PM, Viktor Lazarev wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > on the http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=IRC written:
> > "Join our IRC channel #proaudio-overlay
> >
> >      * server: irc.freenode.net
> >      * channel: #proaudio-overlay "
> >
> > but founder of the channel is freenode-staff, it mean the channel is
> > orphaned. I think it would be good to register the channel to someone
> > from the Powers.
> >
> > One staff from freenode tell me:
> > Okay, yourself, or someone who can demonstrate their involvement in
> > the project will need to file a Group Registration in order to
> > establish a claim on the channel.
> > http://freenode.net/group_registration.shtml and
> > http://blog.freenode.net/2010/06/group-registration-form-verifications/
> > explain the process. the blog post is particularly important in this
> > case as there is a special proceedure for dealing with registrations
> > for orphaned channels, such as yours"
> >
> > What do you think?

It would be nice to make it a proper channel as far as freenode is concerned.
I have dropped in now and again but most times there was no-one there, maybe I
always caught the channel on a quiet time. If I knew more people would be in
there I'd probably hang around a bit more. Lately I've been using Jabber a lot
more than IRC to be honest but I won't go on about how much I prefer it ;)

Cheers
Gav