Re: [proaudio] midi use flag and alsa-libs

Le Sun, 2 Aug 2009 11:41:13 -0500,
Matt Henley <nwmatt@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> I tried to update my system yesterday and now emerge just returns errors.
> After a bit of checking it appears that a large number of my packages
> (including pro-audio overlay) depend on the midi use option in alsa-libs.
> This was removed per the change log because of bug #272659.  Do you have any
> suggestions on how I should get my system stable as I have a lot if not most
> of the packages installed that require alsa-libs be installed with the midi
> use flag?  Also, is the alsa midi functionality now part of alsa without the
> flag or was that functionality removed?
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for reporting. Try to update the overlay. I masked the just unmasked
ALSA packages.

According to the old gentoo packages.mask, it is an optional hack. I don't know
what it mean, but the midi packages in gentoo are working in any cases.

Cheers,

If this message is send to an email list, please make sure to answer onto the
list, or you will be ignored.

"We have the heroes we deserve."