Re: [proaudio] HADOPI stuff on Tuxfamily

Le Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:52:39 +0200,
Jean-Baptiste Mestelan <mestelan@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> 2009/4/2 sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx <sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > I was trying to understand this topic as well. Obviously pro-audio is not in
> > breach of any copyright unless some upstream developer has stolen code
> > (again very unlikely).. However I am completely against government
> > monitoring and am a strong supporter (including some financial support) of
> > the "No Clean Feed" campaign here in Australia.
>
> Hello Allan.
>
> This mail from tuxfamily was intended as an April fool's joke, I think ;-)
> The joke was surely easier to tell by those of us in France who have
> been following the discussions about this project: it is hard to
> believe that any provider involved in FOSS would stand up in favour of
> a regulation which intends to deprive citizens of their Internet
> access, on the basis of extremely random evidence (IP adresses
> collected by a private authority).
>

> > I was of the understanding that the HADOPI laws were
> > squashed by the EU,
>
> Not exactly: the EU has strongly stated that being able to access the
> Internet should be a fundamental right; though, this does not create
> any legal constraint which a governenment has to abide by. (This is my
> understanding, anyway, and IANAL). The french rulers seem determined
> to scorn the EU's views on the matter, and promote this law. Whether
> it can then be sanely applied is a whole other story ...
>

> Cheers.

I didn't read this before today. What a bad joke !

I am even not sure if this law will be applied at anytime. If it is applied, it
will surely be many funny situations like you disconnect me, OK it take another
connection at my wife's name. You disconnect her, I take another connection at
the name of my first born child, and so on.

One that have enough money can even use a sat connection to the internet:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question606.htm