Re: [proaudio] running concurrent versions of ardour (2.x and 3.x)

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fr, 12.12.08 07:44 "sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> With the announcement of the feature freezing of ardour 2.x, I would
>> like to assist with the ardour project testing of the MIDI code, but
>> retain a 2.x version installed on the system to use for production
>> purposes. Is anybody able to explain how to do this with the current
>> ebuilds?
>>

> Not at all, sorry. While almost anything is installed in a way that it
> slots nicely, we have colliding locale files, like
>
> --- [!time] /usr/share/locale/sv_SE/LC_MESSAGES/gtk2_ardour.mo
>
> All the rest (binary, lib, config) would be fine.
> If you want, you can ask upstream to fix this.
>
> Cheers.

Which upstream? Gentoo? Ardour?

I would think that maybe the Ardour guys could leave out the locales
during development. I don't want to exclude anyone from helping with
development/debug though.

If it's *only* locales maybe we could add a build flag to install or
not install them for 3.0 development work?

Or is it just better to not put it in portage at all, build it by hand
and install it locally instead of globally?

- Mark