Re: [proaudio] nvidia card and rt kernel

Le Mon, 29 Sep 2008 06:39:36 +0200,
"Arve Barsnes" <arve.barsnes@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> > amd64 is new to me, so I used the .config from 64 studio as a basis. I still
> > have a lot of unneeded modules to remove from my kernel. When this is done,
> > I will give the nvidia driver another try. If it fail, I will just buy
> > another graphic card.
>
> Hope it doesn't get to that for you, but for reference: I have a
> Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT, which is one of the cheap ones I think, and
> seems to work just fine.

It was hardware problem. I have an external USB drive and it was just under the
wood desk but too close to the screen. When I was changing the screen
resolution, the interferences was hanging the computer. I put the drive on the
floor and all is working fine now (with a very scaled down kernel, I removed
all that is not necessary).

For reference, is someone is interested, the box have
- Asus M3A32-MVP deluxe motherboard (model without the wifi)
- AMD Phenom 9600
- M-audio audiophile 192
- 2 x SATA hdd
- 2 GB patriot pc2-8500 ram memory
- nvidia geforce 8800 GT (it was in the box and the box was without OS at a
very good price...)

All the drivers but the nvidia are in-kernel drivers.

# uname -r
2.6.26.3-rt3-3D (I added the 3D string for the nvidia driver)