Re: [proaudio] realtime problems (maybe pam)

i'm having the same problems too, same pam settings, same .config (as 2.6.25.8-rt7) but with 2.6.26.5-rt9 i'm unable to get realtime, privileges or not. maybe doing oldconfig (with everything default) introduced some other changes under the hood to the config so that we have no privileges ? running with root is ok, but that's not the case...

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:55:37 +0200,
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi folks,
>
> I've switched to amd64 and now hav the problem not getting realtime stuff
> running ATM I'm using sabayon-gentoo-linux as a base -- later I want to
> switch to new gentoo install, but for now I hav to get realtime stuff working
> with this distro
>
> I think I've setup pam correctly (user into autogroup, params added to
> limits.conf), pam version is 1.0.2
>

> ulimit -r gives me 99
> as set in pam securiy stuff
>
> the kernel config gives me:
>
> zcat /proc/config.gz |grep -v '#' |grep 'CONFIG_SECURITY'
> CONFIG_SECURITY=y
> CONFIG_SECURITY_DEFAULT_MMAP_MIN_ADDR=0
>

> I'm using 2.6.27-rc6-git5: The config options
> CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES
> is gone -- now it is compiled per default into the kernel

I get the same problem with one of my amd64 kernels. I don't know exactly what
triggered it out, but the only change I made was in the kernel and now with
2.6.26.3-rt3, I get:

$ zcat /proc/config.gz |grep -v '#' |grep 'CONFIG_SECURITY'
CONFIG_SECURITY=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_NETWORK=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_NETWORK_XFRM=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_DEFAULT_MMAP_MIN_ADDR=0
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_BOOTPARAM=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_BOOTPARAM_VALUE=0
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DISABLE=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DEVELOP=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_AVC_STATS=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_CHECKREQPROT_VALUE=1

This has maybe something to do with selinux. Otherwise, I can send my
whole .config file.

Ciao,
Dominque