Re: [proaudio] realtime problems (maybe pam)

Frieder Bürzele wrote:
> Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

>>> jack gives me that
>>>
>>> jackd -R -dalsa
>>>
>>> jackd 0.112.1
>>> Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
>>> jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
>>> This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
>>> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
>>>
>>> JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
>>> cannot use real-time scheduling (FIFO at priority 10) [for thread
>>> 1808877296, from thread 1808877296] (1: Operation not permitted)
>>> cannot create engine
>>>
>> Hmm, maybe I have misunderstood how pam works...
>>
>> Can you try this program?
>>

>> #include <sched.h>
>> #include <stdio.h>
>>
>> int main(){
>>   struct sched_param par={0};
>>   par.sched_priority=99;
>>   if((sched_setscheduler(0,SCHED_FIFO,&par)!=0))
>>     printf("Not realtime\n");
>>   else
>>     printf("Realtime\n");
>>   return 0;
>> }
>
> "Not realtime" is the reply

btw. ulimit -a shows:

core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 40
pending signals                 (-i) 26109
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 500000
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 99
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) 26109